Broaden Your Horizons
Contact Number: +44 (0) 1475 722 722
Find out a little bit more about Amanda from our fun questions!
1. When did you start with OYT Scotland?
I started in September 2016. I’m the new kid on the block!
2. What’s your most memorable moment working with OYT Scotland?
Having my first grant come in to benefit OYT Scotland. I was happy to see my hard work pay off and grateful to all the OYT Scotland staff for their input and support.
3. What’s been your best sailing experience with OYT Scotland and why?
I went along on a volunteer training weekend in October 2016, which was a great way for me to get to know the sea staff and volunteers. The best part of that trip was the night sail, coming into the harbour at Rhu under a big Hunter’s Moon……absolutely beautiful!
4. If you could sail anywhere in the world where would it be to and why?
My current favourite sailing ground is the Dalmatian Coast. There are so many lovely islands and the food is fantastic!
5. What song always brightens up your day?
Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra.
6. If you were a sea creature what sea creature would you be?
I would be a lionfish. They are beautiful…..but deadly!
7. Tell us a fascinating fact about you!
I’ve seen the North Lights from the back of a dog sled in the Arctic Circle.
Click here to find out where our current vessels are sailing.