Broaden Your Horizons
Find out a little bit more about Lewis from our fun questions!
1. When did you start with Ocean Youth Trust Scotland?
I started full-time with OYT Scotland as a cadet in September 2017.
2. What’s your most memorable moment working with OYT Scotland?
My most memorable moment would have to be this summer when we sailed to Barra. It was beautiful, massive blue skies with the sun out too!
3. What’s been your best sailing experience with OYT Scotland and why?
My best sailing experience would be my first time sailing as a young person. The entire week was awesome but the highlight has to be sailing back from the Isle of Man to Holy Loch, being at the helm through a gale force 8 was a fantastic experience! Flying up the Clyde at 15+ knots!
4. If you could sail anywhere in the world where would it be to and why?
I would sail all the way around it – stopping off on the way to spend time in different countries getting to know their way of life – the best way to travel the world!
5. What song always brightens up your day?
Mr Brightside – The Killers, impossible not to love that song.
6. If you were a sea creature what sea creature would you be?
I would be a dolphin so I could swim alongside and play with the OYT Scotland boats as they sail around!
7. Tell us a fascinating fact about you!
I had never been on a sailing boat before my first trip as a young person in 2014.
Click here to find out where our vessels are currently sailing.