Broaden Your Horizons
Find out a little bit more about Molly from our fun questions!
1. When did you start with Ocean Youth Trust Scotland?
I became a full-time cadet in August 2017.
2. What’s your most memorable moment working with OYT Scotland?
When a group of young people on board Explorer threw a party and we all dressed up in bin bag dresses and kitchen foil crowns…we had cake and everything!
3. What’s been your best sailing experience with OYT Scotland and why?
It’s gotta be sailing the mizzen stay sail and the cruising chute (with the main, stay sail and mizzen) on Venturer past Brodick, zooming along and catching up with Explorer…I had never sailed with the mizzen stay sail before so it was incredibly exciting!!
4. If you could sail anywhere in the world where would it be to and why?
Either Norway or Canada…somewhere cold and beautiful, so Scotland’s not bad. Or just round the world…that’d be awesome too!
5. What song always brightens up your day?
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen. Always.
6. If you were a sea creature what sea creature would you be?
Underwater Dog (also known as a Seal) … they’re absolutely adorable and so excitable!
7. Tell us a fascinating fact about you!
I studied music at college before I became a cadet.
Click here to find out where our vessels are currently sailing.