Broaden Your Horizons
1. When did you start with Ocean Youth Trust Scotland?
I joined in November 2018
2. What’s your most memorable moment working with OYT Scotland?
Feeling inspired by the young people who spoke at our CashBack for Communities parliamentary reception at The Scottish Parliament. It was a great first week in the job!
3. What’s been your best sailing experience with OYT Scotland and why?
I haven’t been out sailing with OYT Scotland yet but I’m looking forward to our Cumbrae Caper next year. I’m also excited that it will be OYT Scotland and Alba Venturer’s 20th anniversary year – lots to celebrate!
4. If you could sail anywhere in the world where would it be to and why?
I would sail around the islands on the west coast of Scotland to all of my favourite places. My dream trip would need to include Oban, Tiree, Iona, Islay, Gigha and then maybe nip round to Arran on the way home.
5. What song always brightens up your day?
‘Walking on the Waves’ by Skipinnish. I’m never far away from a Trad Music gig.
6. If you were a sea creature what sea creature would you be?
The Little Mermaid
7. Tell us a fascinating fact about you!
I can cut a few shapes on the dancefloor with medals in Ballroom, Latin American and Salsa.
Click here to find out where our vessels are currently sailing.